Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Special Places.






I grow attached to certain places. Places where important things happened, where I grew the most, places that strengthened my heart. Hood Canal is one of those places.

Having a miscarriage before having Max did a number on me. But then my Aunt invited Kyle and I to a weekend at Hood Canal. She fed me good food, took me intertubing, we soaked up the sunshine and ate s'mores while watching the sunset. It was a turning point for me. I hadn't truly smiled in a long time and how can you not smile while speedily being pulled by a boat. You can't.

 We didn't go last summer because I was pregnant but you bet we took up the opportunity to go this summer with Max. It was wonderful throwing rocks into the water with Max and watching him play in the sun.

These special places we hold in our heart, they don't always stay the same but there is always that rush of emotion when you approach. When your heart starts beating and precious moments flash within your mind. That growth, that healing kinda takes place all over again. Maybe that's what makes them so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment