Monday, May 3, 2010

Heroines of the Restoration

Sometimes I pity myself for not being raised in the church.
I dwell on it. Sometimes cry. 

I decided to be proactive about it. The main thing that makes me upset is that sometimes I wish that I had parents to turn to for gospel questions and for examples of faith and testimony.

Recently I have discovered two things.

My mother and father are examples

and

the heroines of the restoration are my examples

I listened to a talk given by a leader of the church (Elder Ballard) about daughters and mothers.  A few thoughts stood out to me. Mainly the fact that even though my parents aren't members and don't believe what I believe doesn't mean that they aren't examples. They try to do what is best for me. I will always love them for that.

A teacher lent me a book Heroines of the Restoration. It has short life sketches of major and minor women who made the church what it is today. I have been relishing in their testimonies, their faith, their trials. I am learning so much from them. 

I am so grateful for my membership in the church. I am grateful that I am a pioneer for my family and my future family. I pray that I may live as an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment