Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lately

My daily life is increasingly more uncomfortable but I am treasuring these moments because I. am all about the "pain before joy" philosophy. It has proven tried and true over and over again. So with each uncomfortable night of sleep, when I wake up to a sore ear because sleeping on one specific side is the only way I can sleep at all I silently moan and then feel the baby kick and I forget all about it.




It is rather strange to feel a baby move inside you. It's uncontrollable and spastic and you kinda feel like an alien invaded you. Nope, it's just your baby. It's pretty reassuring for a paranoid person like me.




So here is the closest to a belly pic that I can muster lately. I try, but I can't seem to get the model pose right yet....


Photobucket I had to take the glucose test this past week. I was all gung-ho at first even though a lady in the waiting room said, "I hated that test. It was awful. Blah, blah blah...." Why do people do that? Oh hi? I want to fill your head with horrible ideas... It's ok though. Because even though it stopped tasting like melted orange otter pops after the first minute I still finished it in under four minutes. I was very glad I had eaten something salty right before though... Photobucket




If you are from Yakima, you know Rons. Rons has the best soft serve ice cream. I don't know if it's actually the best but they stack those cones high and you can get strawberry! WITH SPRINKLES! So I might have gone there twice in the past week but soft serve just seems so right when you start developing the waddle. Photobucket


I did manage to fit in some exercise via swing dancing this weekend. This is what makes me love Yakima. A local high school jazz band has a swing dancing fundraiser! It was great! Kyle was shocked that I lasted as long as I did, but there is something about swing that gets you up off your feet and bouncing around. I did get a few stares from some grandmas. They were friendly though, I think they just thought it was funny that a pregnant lady was bouncing around. I'm pretty sure baby was confused though....


Photobucket




All in all, the "pain" part is pretty easy right now. It helps when the sun is shining and I can wear flip flops .

3 comments:

  1. Gina,
    I'm so glad you posted some pictures! So excited for you and Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh i love you g! your bump is getting bigger and bigger! i love it! :) very cute picture of margaret! how did the glucose test turn out? we need to talk on the phone i suppose huh? love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister told me how awful the glucose test was. I was suprised that it was like drinking a non-carbonated Crush. Wouldn't want to do it every day, but not horrible.

    I love your baby shadow pic--so fun! Feeling the baby move IS the best part of it all. You're absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete