Monday, October 10, 2011

Last Weekend

Not this past weekend but the one before that we watched General Conference. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a worldwide broadcast from Salt Lake City where the inspired leaders of our church talk about issues facing us today. They aren't given topics or anything, it is purely based on prayer but it is always one of my favorite weekends of the fall. In fact this past conference marked the 5th year I have heard a prophets voice. The fifth year that I was able to hear inspired messages that have helped me guide and direct my life so that I may have peace and joy.


There are a number of ways to watch conference (on BYUtv channel, online, live, or at a local stake center). We don't have internet (collective gasp!but how are you posting? my phone can be a hotspot when needed, but isn't fast enough to stream video) and we don't live in Utah and we don't have a television either (I know we are like neanderthals or something). Saturday morning some friends from school invited us to come over and watch it on their laptop with them (so nice of them to do so btw) but they weren't going to able to watch the Saturday afternoon session so we headed over to the stake center. We also watched Sunday's sessions there as well.


The main difference between watching it at home and at the stake center.


Dressing up.




Doesn't Max look so dapper in his white oxford onesie?


It's kinda nice to dress up for conference. I think it adds something to the experience. Although don't get me wrong I love listening to it in my PJs too.


All of the messages were beautiful and inspiring and reminded me how thankful I am to have the gospel in my life today.


Sunday looked like this.





I LOVE when Kyle plays for Max. It happens a lot since Max is totally and completely captivated every time. Sometimes he kicks along and sometimes he is completely still just watching Dad's hands finger and strum the guitar. I was very excited to capture this special moment. Even though it happens quite often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment