Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

The approach of Christmas this year left me a bit upset. Over the course of being married I have come to truly appreciate being sealed in the temple. It has been such a blessing in my life and I couldn't imagine marriage any other way. I began dwelling on the fact that my family is not sealed because my parents are not members.

It is difficult being the only member in your family. Especially when you see so many families around you happily enjoying the gospel, sometimes not even being aware of what they have.

A couple of nights before traveling to Yakima I was in tears telling Kyle my only wish was that my family could be sealed together.

It is hard but I think I am beginning to understand why I came into the world at this time, in this family and why I need to be patient and wait.

Truthfully, I am not very patient.

But actually being home gave me a much needed realization.
I love my family
Whether they are members or not I know they love me and I love them and being home is fun. We aren't terribly tidy, we have tons of cats so everything tends to smell like cat pee, we can smash everyone into our suburban (its more fun if someone gets to sit in the trunk), all my little sisters want to do is spend time with me (Margaret snuggles and Caroline seeks for approval), I still can't tell when my brother Robert is being serious or not (it used to make me feel stupid but now I can just laugh)

I can't say it doesn't bother me that they drink (thankfully its not binging in the least bit) or swear, but ultimately I love them.

Which sometimes makes it harder to be patient. Whether it is beyond this life or not, I want to be sealed to my family and I know that someday it will happen.

Christmas was great and I am so happy I have Kyle who seems to understand me more than anyone. He gets my quirkiness which most people find strange and he loves me more for it.

It has been a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment