Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reclaiming myself

I have felt a bit lost lately.

My day revolves around a 17 lb bundle of joy. Feed him, change him, play with him, make sure he doesn't pull the portable heater on top of his head. I work out at the YMCA for about 40 minutes a day (if I manage to make it there and if Bubba decides to cooperate for the childcare).

I relish in those minutes where I can run, zumba, do pushups.

That's my problem. As much as I enjoy working out, I don't consider it a passion. It doesn't fuel my soul. I need soul fuel. Everyone does. And everyone's looks different. I'm still not quite positive what my soul fuel is but I want to find it.

So I am sewing ( I made a wetbag (with help), diaper pail liner, bowtie, and am currently in the process of making cloth wipes) Ok so those sewing projects still revolve around a 17lb baby. But still I said it's progress.

I also bought some hot pink jeans at Value Village (I couldn't bring myself to actually spend more than $10 on a pair of hot pink pants). It definitely helped.

1 comment:

  1. Please post a picture of you in your hot pink pants! I want to see them! I found a red pair at Marshalls for $12 today. You could look there too. And that little Bubba is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete