Monday, April 2, 2012

Get over yourself.

I was listening to a podcast and this advice was given, "get over yourself." It wasn't meant in a mean and spiteful way but as a way to gain perspective. Lately I have been a little to into myself if you know what I mean.

I get whiny and needy and then I really become a joy to be around.....

It's not to say that my feelings aren't real or valid, just that whiny and complaining really won't do much.

What will?

Well getting over yourself and looking towards others. Serving others. Trying to make the lives of others a little easier. Sometimes I get the notion that serving has to be a big grand display of serving cookies at a retirement home. But really when I choose to stop and hug my husband or play with my baby instead of finishing the chapter of a book, I am getting over myself. I am choosing to use my time to make someone else's life a little bit better, easier.

Plus how can you resist these two?

No comments:

Post a Comment