Friday, April 13, 2012

Okay, Sydney. I felt threatened at the end of your post so I figured I better maintain a healthy relationship otherwise you might back out of our arranged marriage for our children. : )
Rules:
Post these rules.
Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you.
Create 11 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag.
Tag 11 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged)

1. Why did you start blogging?

I was heading off to study abroad in Rome and wanted a place to journal/share all of my experiences. I stopped for a long time after that because I was completely exhausted from taking and uploading so many pictures and writing out every little detail. Then I got married and I wanted to start documenting that journey and then I was like this blog is BORING so I started thinking about why I blog and decided to journal/process my life through writing it out. It is extremely cathartic and great therapy.

2. Favorite store?

Gap. I love everything Gap. I love their baby clothes, their kid clothes, their adult clothes. They stay on trend and are classic at the same time. I like Old Navy (their baby sister) too, especially since it's cheaper.

3. What cheers you up on a crappy day?

My instinct was to write retail therapy, which is true. But to be honest it usually is only a temporary fix. What actually works is getting outside into the sun.  Bonus points for a river, lake, or ocean for me to dip my toes in.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Somewhere sunny and close to a large body of water. We have our first home. Max is 5 and cracking me up constantly. Kyle is loving his job. I am writing and somehow getting paid for it. Or maybe I am getting paid to read, that would be even better! Max has sibling and we might be expecting another. We take a walk as a family each night and get into our bedding exhausted from living life to the fullest extent we know how.

5. Chocolate or Vanilla?

Chocolate. Delicious, delicious chocolate.
6. Spring must have?

Strappy leather sandals, coral anything, crisp white tops and floral scarves.

7. All-time favorite movie?

Roman Holiday. Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in my favorite city? Yes PLEASE!  I can rewatch this movie over and over and it is ALWAYS wonderful. I want to go back to the Spanish steps and eat gelato wearing my strappy sandals in a crisp white shirt!
8. Who/What inspires you?
My mother. Her life has not been easy but she has remained incredibly positive, optimistic, and kind through it all. I admire her for her determination to finish her education and show her children how important it is to be educated. I admire her for her dedication to her children and she is an inspiration for how to parent. She lets you know she loves you, respects your agency fully, and supports you through it all. She makes me want to be a better mother always.
9. Random fact about yourself?

I can't do basic math. Addition and subraction are my weakness. Let me multiply, divide, find x, integrate....but 32-6 makes my head hurt. I am working on it slowly though. Know how? Board games. Kyle makes me keep score and surprisingly it is helping.

10. Dream travel spot?

Greece. I want to jump into the Mediterranean ocean with Kyle and ride a donkey up steps towards our hotel. I want to eat baklava dripping with honey watching the sunset. 

11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

My amount of self-control over shopping, internet, and reading. I really want to improve and thankfully this is something that I CAN change.

No comments:

Post a Comment