Friday, April 4, 2008

Just another day...

I think I am getting the hang of this Rome thing. I wake up in the morning to the hustle of the market. Every morning I look out my window to a sea of color. The fruits and veggies bounce of the slate gray street. Its like my morning rainbow. Its funny. I have told a couple of people my feelings towards city life. Coming to Seattle was a change, not bad but not ideal. I have found I enjoy the outskirts of places much more than the hustle and bustle of Seattle. However, Rome has proven a very good point. Campo de Fiori is buzzing with life (its funny because it used to be a place of executions) but its still so small and quaint and personal. I am falling in love with Rome every moment. Just yesterday I saw the Pantheon. It wasn't a formal excursion, we were actually headed over to a party with our classmates. They literally live right next door to it. Rome is crazy though because one moment you will be walking along tiny cobblestone streets getting nearly run over by vespas and cars and than BAM! you run into something with so much history. These ancient monuments and buildings aren't set apart. They are literally in the midst of everyday life. I love that. It's just so amazing to be able to discover something so beautiful everyday. The Pantheon is unreal. Its seems like it would be for a giant. If you have ever watched Hercules the movie and remember when he goes to Mount Olympus and he is so small amongst the pillars of his father. That is literally what its like. Except all around it (literally across a tiny cobblestone street on either side) there are apartments. This really is a magical city. I am growing VERY attached to it. I even say ciao and buon gourno and mi dispiache (im sorry) to the locals. Life is very exciting in the simple moments of this city.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're settling into your element Gina! Keep soaking it in!

    ReplyDelete