Thursday, April 10, 2008

KICKIN IT!

So life goes on here in Rome. I have finally had all of my classes and my Italian/Renaissance Art teacher is the cutest thing alive. I mean that in the most grandpa-y sense. He is originally from Brazil and speaks english and italian and probably lots of other languages fluently. He takes us on tours of Rome. Yesterday we went to Basilica de San Clemente which was crazy because it has four layers of history. The top is an 18th century basilica, the next layer is a 12th century (this is going down into the ground btw) basilica, then a 4th century house/persian pagan temple, then down the FIRST century to a house with a courtyard that still has a running stream of water. Its pretty intense. I didn't know how to handle it....so I hugged a first century wall. It seemed the best thing to do. I have been having a great time with my roommates, we laugh a lot. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gina,

    Hope you are having fun. Please be safe, which includes watching over who your roommates interact with, bring home etc... I'm only sounding so paranoid because I watched this Tv show 48 Hours Mysteries that was about a UW student who went to Italy last year and got involved in a murder and stuff. Anyways, that aside, you need to concentrate on your it's vs its usage. It's giving me a headache. I have only six more weeks before I'm back in Washington. I'll see you soon! When do you get back?

    JP

    ReplyDelete