Saturday, April 24, 2010

DESIRE

Whenever I plan a lesson for church. This word keeps appearing.

To really enjoy the blessings you have to have the desire.

To have your prayers answered your desire must be sincere.

To keep the commandments correctly you have to desire to keep them, not just do it because it is required.

Lately there have been a few things that I really wanted. But the question is, does wanting = desiring?

My conclusion is no.

Sometimes you are scared to desire something. It means you want it so bad that it will be so utterly painful if you don't get it. That can be really scary.

I realized this weekend that I DESIRE something. That it pains me that I don't have it.

Hopefully someday.

The cool thing about desire. How you know you have desire instead of wanting....

Your prayers change. An increase of sincerity and gratitude occurs. Your relationship with your Heavenly Father and Savior changes.

Desire is scary. But its so beautiful and moving that it keeps you going.

No comments:

Post a Comment