Sunday, April 18, 2010

Three times is the charm

I have finished the Book of Mormon for the third time.

This time was different. I read it more closely, daily, and prayerfully.

I realized today, after writing my testimony about the Book of Mormon, that is how it is meant to be read.

When I read it everyday, it became more real. I felt its spirit, its power, its truth.

I had a wonderful experience reading it where the words written stood out to me so vividly I couldn't deny the power of this single book.

This book has made the biggest difference in my life, more than any other book. It has taught me principles, doctrine, and value that are clouded in other places.

If you are reading the Book of Mormon I STRONGLY encourage you to read it daily. Find what works best for you (for me I read it either when I first wake up in bed, or I read it while eating breakfast). Just make sure its everyday, I promise it will make a HUGE difference in what you get from it. Believe me I have read it before and couldn't get much out of it unless I had a teacher explain it to me.

If you have never read the Book of Mormon you should. Even my first time reading it I felt a change in me, a good change. I love this book and I promise you will also.

On another note it's Kyle's 23rd birthday today!

Yesterday we climbed the Pinnacle at REI (its a 65ft rockwall) and had a spaghetti birthday party at our place. We had 14 lovely guests over to help us celebrate. It was a good time.

Also, I found that I can get enough internet if I set my laptop on a shelf right by our window. Con: I have to stand....
Pro: INTERNET! I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment