Thursday, April 15, 2010

Really Jane, really...

Jane Austen
So I finished Mansfield Park this week. I got really into it up until the last four pages.



I am a little irked.



So basically the main chick Fanny was in love with her cousin Edmund who she grew up with the whole book. So I figured they would get together....



Well then her next door neighbor who she used to hate grew to really like her and it seemed genuine. So I was thinking whoa I guess Fanny will fall for Henry instead. That would have been ok.



Well Henry runs off with her cousin randomly. Edmund had been falling for Henry's sister the ENTIRE book and couldn't NOT talk about her ALL the time. Well she breaks Edmunds heart but there is only four pages left and I am thinking well I guess everyone will just remain alone right?



WRONG.



In two paragraphs Austen made Fanny and Edmund fall in love and get married. I felt a little cheated.



Wouldn't you?



Here is my plan though.... I am going to read Pride and Prejudice. Austen's writing made me excited for it, and who doesn't love proper British language.



I makes me feel smart.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't finished mansfield park yet... Mostly because its my least favorite one- and i've read the rest already.

    P + P is good. really good. Persuasion + emma are my favorite reads though.

    ReplyDelete