Sunday, January 10, 2010

Covenants




Eternal covenants are just that: eternal. They are forever, bound beyond time and space. However, this depends upon our faithfulness, our love, and devotion.

Today I became very thankful for my husband, my eternal marriage, and the future ahead.

Honestly I get a little depressed when I see pictures or read about devout LDS families and their time together. I get envious easily for what others have. This often blinds me to what lies before me.

I am so blessed to have a virtuous, kind, and devoted husband. I love him as much as I do because of the love he offers me. It is simple but often so profound.

He is gentle but assertive. I am so blessed to have him in my life because I know that our family will be strong. We will have strong traditions and values and our children will grow up not having to be envious because they will feel the happiness that comes from our home. They will want to continue it in their own home.

I am so blessed to be a part of the sacred covenant of eternal marriage. Because of it, I know that I was foreordained for this time, to be a mother, a wife, and a friend.

I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment