Friday, January 15, 2010

Little Things

I wish I could take pictures of the children at my work. Unfortunately its illegal.

I love these little ones.

I was having such a bad day yesterday and Kyle could tell as we were driving to work. This quarter is requiring much more of me than I thought and I am exhausted. The last thing I wanted to do was go to work.....

But I got there and soon Clara came in. Clara has a rough time when her mom leaves but last time I managed to calm her down. Yesterday was the same. Her mom tried acclimating her slowly but I knew she just had to leave and I could get Clara to calm down. She cried so hard when her mom left but I just held her and took her to the window to point at cars going by, saying each color:

black car
red car
white car
silver car

She calmed down and soon was ready to play with the sister at the princess castle. We sat and held a dolly and sang "Rock-a-by-baby." Another child started crying so then I managed two. Two sad little girls. I sang "I am a child of God" to the smaller one and she calmed down (this works for many children, especially babies I found out). Then we all read together.

It was lovely and I realized that I was no longer exhausted.

There is something about working with children that is so selfless. You don't get to worry or complain (as much) because they have higher priority.

I truly believe that the Lord give you energy and the capacity to move forward. To keep going.

I am not a mother yet, but I cant wait. It's days like yesterday that give me so much happiness for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment